Information for families of Canadians in Japan

Friends and relatives in Canada seeking information on Canadian citizens believed to be in the affected areas should contact the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade’s Emergency Operations Centre by calling toll-free the dedicated crisis line at 1-800-606-5499 (or 1-800-387-3124). They may also send an e-mail to . I also encourage you to have your constituents in Japan, or their family and friends here in Canada, to register Canadian citizens in Japan with our Registration of Canadians Abroad,

I would also like to bring your attention to DFAIT's dedicated webpage containing important information on the situation in Japan for Canadians at home and abroad . This website is updated on a constant basis, and includes information on travel advisories, assistance to Canadians in and around the affected area, how Canadians can help and information on the region.