Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
March 2nd, 2012 - 2:58pm
COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER INCOME TAX PROGRAM
WHERE: Irene Mathyssen MP Constituency Office
WHEN: March 6 to April 26
Tuesdays & Thursdays ONLY
TIME: 10am to 3pm
**NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY!**
STATUS & FAMILY INCOME
Single $25,000 or less
Couple $35,000 or less
add $2000 per dependent
Volunteers do not prepare tax returns for complex situations such as:
- returns for deceased persons;
- individuals who file for bankruptcy;
- self-employed individuals;
- individuals who report capital gains or losses; or
- individuals who report employment expenses, or business or rental income and expenses.
TAX REFUNDS HAVE CHANGED!
Did you use to receive a large refund which included the property tax/rental credit? This has changed!
The Ontario property tax/rental credit is no longer being paid out as a lump sum in your tax refund; your tax refund will be much smaller.
Due to changes by the Ontario Government, Ontario credits are now being paid out in 12 monthly payments, starting July 2012 rather than a single refund.
More information is available at:
If you have any questions, please contact the Ontario Ministry of Finance.